SAP iXp Intern - Global d-shop Communications Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
d-shop is an internal SAP’s makerspace and a place for the internal SAP community to meet and collaborate, to explore and learn about latest IoT and consumer technologies, to invent and prototype those ideas. Amazon Eco, Oculus Rift, Nest, 3D printers, Robotics, Arduino and Raspberry Pi are some of the devices and technologies that you will be working side by side with.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for providing top-notch internal communications for the SAP global d-shop team. You will work on raising awareness, presence and excitement about d-shop within the internal SAP innovation community. The successful candidate must have a breadth of experience in communications and a passion for connecting people with information in new and creative ways. You are an independent worker, but effective at collaborating with others and flexible to take on new and varied tasks.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
- Work with the global d-shop lead to deliver communications that focus on regular, consistent and engaging messaging for global d-shop community
- Internal media technical journalism: newsletters, event overviews (take pictures and video interviews), update internal online community space
- Maintain d-shop virtual presence in SAP innovation space: record and post process learning sessions videos, share through various learning channels
- Organize global marketing campaigns for global events
- Create compelling and effective graphic designs and marketing collateral, including posters, digital signage and event branding
- Support in running d-shop global events including marketing materials, meeting content, coordination and speaker preparation
- Community manager for SAP d-shop internal collaboration portal, called SAP Jam
- Turn great news into social media shareables
- Event photography and videography
- Other communication/administration duties/projects as assigned
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills including:
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Business writing skills aimed at employees
- Technology journalism/marketing skills (preparation of written, visual, or audio material intended for dissemination through internal social media, focusing on technology)
- Able to turn ideas and concepts into visually relevant and effective collateral
- Photo and Video recording and processing skills
- Interest in and awareness of latest technologies and their technical aspects
- Ability to interact with and influence others
- Shows initiative to solve challenges
- Exercises mature judgement and handle situations with diplomacy and tact
- Basic graphic design skills is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in (or pursuit of) Communications, Marketing or equivalent
- This role is best for someone in their second co-op term, or beyond
- Past experience in the tech industry is an asset
- Willing to commit for 8 months full time internship starting ASAP
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Help the world run better and improve people’s lives.