Data Engineer - Business Intelligence
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy.
Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the business on their requests and building BI solutions using a mix of Microsoft stack (SSIS, SSRS) and a Hadoop datalake and Tableau.
They will join the BI and Reporting team while migrating our core application to expand our current capabilities and keep consistency for our customers. The Migration creates a new source of record and the BI developer will support both the internal data integrations as well as the datamart supporting client facing reports in that transition.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with ETL development with SSIS to maintain and expand datamart and integrations
- Works with departments and customers to define business reporting requirements.
- Evaluate systems needs and come up with the recommendations for application integrations with reporting system and improvements within reporting processes
- Performs data analysis and report development activities, such as the creation of SQL queries and stored procedures to extract data for reports.
- Maintains expertise in the Hyperwallet platform data model. Analyzes source system data to understand the data structure, definitions, and anomalies.
- Documents report designs and processes in a clear and concise manner.
- Maintain the data governance process as metrics are developed
- Performs other duties as required.
- Assists in the training, support, maintenance, and ongoing administration of reporting system
- Education: Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Expertise in MS SQL
- Extensive experience working with SSRS and SSIS
- Experience with MySQL is preferred
- Experience with data visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, or Qlik)
- Experience with Hadoop an asset
- Experience with OpenReports an asset
- Excellent data modelling skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with business reporting systems.
- Financial or payment system reporting experience is an asset.
- Must have good interpersonal and communications skills including well developed verbal and written English
- Good analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Can communicate in both technical and business terms
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.