Backend Engineer, Video
This job is no longer accepting applications.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the video team to shape the future of the rich media experience on the internet. As a key member of this fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the next generation of video products from the very beginning.
Come help us build the future of video on Reddit!
About the role:
You’ll own backend development for one or more projects and tackle tough architectural design and product problems alongside other senior engineers. We are looking for a product-focused backend engineer who is capable of working independently but also thrives in collaborative environments.
What you can expect from us:
- Architect, build, and maintain the patterns and frameworks that power the video experience
- Spearhead the full backend development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy
- Take ownership of features and areas of the app that will impact millions of users
- Work alongside a cross-functional team to build high quality experiences
What we can expect from you:
- Multiple years of experience writing high quality backend code
- Expertise in languages like Python and Go
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Attention to detail (both technical and product-oriented) with every feature
- Ability to be proactive, prioritize and plan large projects independently
- Expertise in video
- If you don’t feel like you meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to still apply!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reddit is home to thousands of communities, endless conversation, and authentic human connection.