Senior Software Development Engineer - Remote Position Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada
About the team
We are looking for an intermediate Backend Developer to join our talented team of engineers. You will help us build groundbreaking tools and products for software developers and real estate professionals within Zillow Group’s Vancouver, BC office.
We are a team that:
- Values it’s people: We want to build cool things while working alongside great people. We rely on each other while owning our work.
- Believes in revolutionary technology: We build the best products by using the best tech.
- Fosters innovation & growth: Semi-annual Hackathons and knowledge sharing are a big deal.
- Recognize that there’s no “I” in Team: We are in this together and learn and win as one!
- Believes in a strong work/life balance because we live in the most beautiful city in Canada!
Does this sound like the kind of culture you are searching for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
About the role
This includes the chance to:
- Develop and maintain a massive data distribution platform
- Optimize ETL pipelines with petabytes of daily throughput
- Manage modern CI/CD pipelines for multiple projects
- Develop API’s that power hundreds of businesses
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers
This role has been categorized as a Remote position in Canada. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
You are a passionate engineer who values writing quality code and thinking of problems at scale. You’re a great teammate and looking to make a huge impact. You should have:
- 5+ years building backend software systems in a production environment
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong foundations in system design
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it.
Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.