(Entry-Level Sales, 2021 Graduates) Business Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HubSpot welcomes upcoming 2021 graduates (of all majors and concentrations) to join our Sales team as a Business Development Representative (BDR) starting either in spring or summer of 2021. As part of our vision for the future of work at HubSpot, BDRs can either be based in Cambridge, MA or remote-based in the US.
Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how HubSpot could help a business grow, and successfully position the HubSpot value proposition.
This position offers a base salary and commission. HubSpot employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within our Sales organization.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Sales Representatives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with HubSpot
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Help small and mid-sized companies realize the potential of digital marketing
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
- Get a mini-MBA! You'll learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
We’re looking for people who have:
- HEART and a desire to add to our collaborative, inclusive culture
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
Upcoming graduates from all majors are welcome. (Fun fact: 40% of 2020 college grads that joined our Sales team didn't have a formal sales or business degree.)
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot is a leading growth platform on a mission to help millions of organizations grow better. We build the software and systems that empower businesses to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through our core values of flexibility, autonomy, transparency, and belonging. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe remotely and in our offices. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's not enough for businesses to grow. They need to #GrowBetter.