Software Development Engineer - Intern
San Francisco, CA, USA
About the team
Our product teams are changing the way real estate is transacted by building tools and services to ensure it is easier for our users to rent or buy the home they love, and you can help!
You will be joining a tight-knit engineering team with a strong culture of excellence, a fun and collaborative group dynamic, and a proven track record of success as we tackle a slew of fresh technical and architectural challenges on this high-profile mission.
About the role
As a Software Development Engineer Intern at Zillow, you will be a member of a team of people who are passionate about our product. Through mentoring from fellow developers you will gain tremendous experience in multiple functional areas, setting the stage for a well-rounded computer science career. Work on real problems and ship your code.
- Work at one of our highly-rated brands, enjoying the best of both worlds between a large company (stability) and a small startup (growth potential and impact)
- Opportunity to own and solve complex problems
- Work with highly accomplished teammates and craft your own path to achieving your career goals
- Competitive pay and benefits like: housing and/or stipends, commuting benefits, intern only events, exposure to senior leadership, and many more
Who you are
- Currently working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- At least one more semester of school after completing your internship
- Strong coding knowledge (preferably Java, Python, Ruby on Rails, or ReactJS)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experience coding on Linux or other Unix OS platform strongly preferred
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle -- for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers - and we're well on our way. No matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it.
Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.