Economic Data Analyst - Intern - Remote Role
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the team
Join our industry-leading Economic Research team bringing innovative analysis, creativity and excellence to the U.S. housing market. We create, productionalize, analyze, and share a full suite of housing data products and analysis for an audience inside and outside of Zillow. Our work contextualizes Zillow’s unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of customers to provide insight to everyday consumers and open data to hundreds of researchers and policymakers across the country. You’ll work in an informal, fun, collaborative atmosphere with a dynamic team with a diverse range of interests and skills.
Learn more about what we are doing at https://www.zillow.com/research
About the role
Zillow Group's Economic Research team is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking Economic Data Analyst Intern who has a passion for applying creative economic thinking to understanding housing trends, their impacts, and communicating them to a variety of stakeholders.
Do you have a knack for leveraging data and economic insight to answer timely, real-world questions? Do you love engaging with the current events and believe that economics must be applied to address people’s real questions and concerns? If so, this position could be an excellent fit!
In this role, you will:
- Utilize data to understand trends in housing market activity and surface novel and meaningful insights for internal and external audiences.
- Examine housing's unique position at the confluence of a number of broader economic and socioeconomic fields -- jobs markets, demographics, education, immigration etc -- and analyze how changes in one influence changes in the others.
- Apply housing data to evaluate and better understand public policy.
- Create novel measurements or metrics to understand real estate trends regionally and/or over time.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- In a master’s program in economics, statistics, public policy or similar, with a graduation date between December 2021 and Summer 2022.
- Experience in a fast paced environment applying insights from big data to real world problems.
- Knowledge of econometrics, multivariate statistics, and economic theory.
- Proficient in R or Python. SQL and Tableau experience a plus.
- Record of applied research – published or unpublished – and the ability to independently plan and execute research projects
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and accurate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagine the way home.