Instructional Designer - Remote
United States Remote
About the team
The Zillow Group Learning & Development Team builds an environment of continuous learning in order to ensure we have a hardworking, capable, and diverse talent needed to build and deliver the future of Zillow! We own Onboarding, Leadership Development, Employee Development and Career Development programs for the enterprise.
Our learning practices are evolving as we are facing a dynamic marketplace, and this team executes the day-to-day strategy that supports the analysis, development, quality, and execution of training programs to support Zillow’s business initiatives and goals.
About the role
The Learning & Development Instructional Designer is responsible for creating and implementing best-in-class online learning solutions for our employees along with a limited amount of classroom content. This includes end-to-end program planning, management, execution and measurement of Zillow Group’s virtual training programs.
The Instructional Designer (reporting into the L&D Training Manager) will collaborate with other team members, business leaders and People team members in assessing content needs to ensure our employees have an exceptional on-demand eLearning experience.
In this role you will build and manage catalog of employee training, planning and developing new courses, providing graphic assets, copywriting, developing multimedia and assessing learner retention.
Other responsibilities include:
- Lead the end-to-end process of crafting new eLearning content
- Draft and review storyboards and final content with subject matter specialists to gain approval
- Manage content effectively including version control and data security
- Build innovative course interactions
- Publish eLearning content
- Publish SCORM or Tin Can-compliant courses in a Learning Management System
- Track and handle courses and survey responses
- Edit and record audio, video and copy
- Participate in design meetings with Business leadership, subject matter specialists and marketing communications resources to conceptualize program look/feel, standards, templates and content development formats
- Identify and bring to bear specialized resources required to build and execute programs: product specialists, solutions specialists, communications specialists, instructional design resources, web resources, IT resources, HR/Legal resources et al
- Communicate, assemble and document proposed programs; prepare executive decks, as needed
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings to ensure program development and readiness is of high quality, on time and on budget
- Establish release dates and review cycles for all program deliveries.
- Writing program announcements, descriptions and technical information about each release
- Provide completion reports to senior management as needed
- Participate in sharing and documenting learning technology infrastructure requirements: LMS, registration, online testing, podcasts et al
- Work with director and senior management to establish continuing training eLearning operational calendar
- Able to lead deadline situations with diplomacy and tact
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in HR, education or related field
- 5 years’ experience in an eLearning role, including: communications programs, online/web based programs, specialized curricula and course management
- An enthusiastic, can- do attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement
- Exceptional combination of critical thinking and detail orientation
- Superior communication, social and influence skills with a variety of styles. Comfortable presenting to large groups
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Collaborate across the organization and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think ‘creatively'
- Able to find opportunities, take initiative and think through future implications, and forward-thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to be resolved or minimized
- Travel, as needed, to support program planning and execution
Technical Skills & Attributes
- Expert-level usage of Articulate Storyline (or similar rapid eLearning Developer tools)
- Expert proficiency using the MS Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Intermediate proficiency in audio editing using a tool such as Audacity or Audition
- Intermediate experience publishing and tracking eLearning courses in a Learning Management System
- Basic experience with video editing and recording software such as Camtasia
- Excellent planning, program management and documentation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Teammate with an easy communications style able to juggle multiple programs and requests in a dynamic, growing company where cultural change is a norm; flexible and adaptable to changing requirements
- Be able to work both independently and in a distributed team setting
- Skilled writer, communicator and leader—able to give and receive feedback positively
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits.
But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.