Apple Media Products Engineering - TestFlight iOS
Vancouver, BC, Canada
When this team introduced the App Store, it launched a cultural and economic phenomenon that changed the way people live, work, and play. These engineers continue to innovate the platform, now home to over 1.5 million apps — each created using the team’s own software development kit and related services. All those apps mean the store takes billions of requests from more than 500 million visitors every week, across iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS.
To deliver such a rich experience at this scale, the engineers build high- performance systems backed up by persistent systemwide A/B testing. And to help people discover apps they love, the team uses machine learning techniques that include natural language processing to develop new algorithms for personalization, search, and recommender systems. In a world where apps have become essential in people’s daily lives, the App Store team has become essential to Apple’s business.
- You will bring a proven track record in developing iOS, tvOS, and watchOS apps using Xcode, Objective-C, and Swift to our team of client engineers
- A deep understanding of Interface Builder and Apple's iOS/tvOS/watchOS APIs & Frameworks
- Significant skills at integrating iOS and tvOS apps with REST APIs and building mock endpoints for development
- You'll bring strong experience using the XCTest framework, familiarity with Unix shells, and basic shell scripting
- Familiarity with debugging and understanding sophisticated systems (often built by different teams)
- Strong experience and ability to work with diverse, multi-functional teams, as well as being independent while leading your own workflows to meet business requirements
TestFlight makes it easy to test beta versions of iOS, watchOS and tvOS apps and collect valuable feedback for developers to help them submit high quality applications to the App Store. We are looking for our next team member to help us deliver the next phase of TestFlight as we take it to the next level. We believe there are some very exciting projects in the pipeline, and that this is just the right time to join!
In this new opportunity you will be responsible for developing the iOS app. You will also collaborate with our Apple Design team to bring projects and exciting features to life. In addition to delivering extraordinary new App Store Connect features, you will parter with the rest of the App Store engineering team to deliver incredible products to support developers.
We are seeking a hardworking engineer to join our dynamic team of client and server engineers. You will have the courage and experience to be frank and bold but humble enough to listen to others. We need your thoughts on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tools and ideas to empower outstanding developers around the world. We expect you to challenge the status quo. We believe you care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together.
To learn more about the type of work we do, you can view our last two WWDC Sessions here:
- 2019: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/301/
- 2018: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/301/
You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas.
We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience.
The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Arcade, Apple TV+, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, Apple News, Apple Card and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join our team to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.