Vice President, People & Talent Acquisition
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You are someone who can move fluidly between high-level strategic thinking and take charge in the management of day-to-day details. You are a self-motivated individual with instinctive problem-solving capabilities, curiosity, and a positive mindset.
At the same time, you are comfortable leading through influence and are not afraid of speaking your view on what’s right for the company. Most importantly, you have the resilience and capacity to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and complexities.
Sounds like you? Read on as we have an exciting opportunity to share with you.
We are looking for a Vice President, People & Talent Acquisition to join our Strategic Leadership Team, acting as a strategic and tactical business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on all people, recruiting, and culture related initiatives.
As the leader of our People department, you will lead and inspire the team responsible for cultivating a passionate environment to motivate and elevate our people to their highest potential. You have the pivotal role for all matters related to people, shaping and driving the success of talent strategies and programs to align with Kabam’s business objectives and culture.
More specifically, you are expected to:
- Translate our business strategy into a roadmap and ensure that the People team is well coordinated and executing initiatives and programs flawlessly across several publishing, development, and operations sites in North America.
- Think theoretically and tactically to support company growth and development while maintaining a practical, sustainable, creative and results-driven approach.
- Identify gaps between current organizational capabilities and design, required competencies and skills, and the future strategic objectives of the organization.
- Create synergies between the parent company and Kabam’s policies and processes.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with functional/operational leaders to address issues that will enhance overall performance and build the overall talent capability of the organization.
- Partner with business unit leaders to develop strategic workforce plans and to contribute to business strategy development/key business decisions.
- Measure and monitor key HR performance indicators.
- Identify HR trends and issues including potential management options.
- Ensure that employee benefits, compensation, concerns and other sensitive topics are handled with the utmost professionalism and discretion.
- Support M&A efforts with an eye toward accelerating the cultural integration and productivity of our people.
- Ensure top quality execution of HR functions across a number of sites spanning several jurisdictions in North America.
You will bring:
- 15+ years of experience as a generalist in the People & Talent Acquisition function, preferably in entertainment and high-tech industries
- Unbeatable attention to details and the ability to operate in a positive, helpful and productive manner
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing People & Talent Acquisition initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related area(s)
- Sound strategic skills with an ability to execute operational plans
- Exceptional business acumen and talent leadership skills
- Superior collaboration and communication skills with executive presence
- Strong planning, organizational and change management skills; also conflict management abilities
- The leadership qualities to design a vision and strategy that motivates the team and fuels business growth
- A keen eye and ability to identify, evaluate, and capitalize on business opportunities for today and tomorrow, maximizing top line and bottom line impacts
- Ability to thrive in a high octane, high performance environment requiring regular context switches and deep proficiency with multitasking
- Experience working across multiple sites and jurisdictions and helping implement and operate effective strategies for recruiting and retention across highly diverse business categories, including Product Development, Product Operations, Marketing, R&D, Customer Service, and more.
- Demonstrated familiarity with global business cultures and ability to collaborate effectively across parent/child, subsidiary, and vendor boundaries
Adding to the ingredient of success, you’d have:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area(s)
- Experience managing HR issues for a publicly traded company
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Passion for entertainment technology
- Additional language proficiencies, particularly in Korean, is highly desired
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We strive to entertain the world by bringing amazing games to the palm of your hands, and we have fun while doing it.