Senior HR Business Partner
Who Are We?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The role of the HR Business Partner for our International markets is to solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You’ll act as a coach and strategic thought partner to our international business unit leaders, including Regional Directors for our Enterprise and Campus businesses in Singapore, Australia, the UK, Canada and Riyadh. As their strategic people partner, your role will include partnering on decisions related to how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work. As we continue to expand internationally, this HR Business Partner must possess an expertise in local HR practices in at least two of our larger markets (UK, Singapore, Australia, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) with an appetite to build knowledge of additional markets globally. This individual will pair this local HR knowledge with excellent strategic business acumen, empathy and integrity to deliver best in class talent solutions, leveraging the best available people resources within the Adecco Group HR organization. Our international markets will flourish financially and culturally with the HR Business Partner’s coaching and partnership.
- Act as a resource and advisor to employees and managers on performance management, coaching, new hire onboarding, integration and company policies and procedures
- Partner with leaders across the organization to influence the creation and deliver on all people-related processes and procedures to ensure accurate, timely and consistent delivery to all staff
- Coach employees on employee relations matters including employee concerns, performance, performance improvement plans (PIP), training and development, advancement, etc.
- Manage organizational changes with well planned, thoughtful and honest communication
- Deliver and create resourcing to build a more inclusive and performance-driven culture in each of our international locations
- Leverage what exists for General Assembly in other markets that can be repurposes, rethought, and redeployed for international markets
- Be the face of HR for the non-US markets so that all employees outside the US have a consistent go-to HR partner for all employee related concerns
Experience and Education:
- 7+ years of diverse HR experience acting as the HR Partner in two or more of our international locations (the UK, France, Canada, Singapore, Australia, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Prior experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Performance management
- Employee relations
- Policy review and interpretation
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning and Development
- Strong ability to frame issues and solutions quickly and concisely.
- Strong leadership, change management and facilitation skills required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Effective at building credibility quickly and maintaining relationships with clients, employees and HR partners.
- Excellent integrity and ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter and proactive problem solver
- Composure Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Integrity and Trust Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Interpersonal Savvy Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Informing Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Organizational Agility; understands the cultures of organizations. Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Dealing With Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Decision Quality Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Action Oriented Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.