Intermediate Systems/Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the technology that's transforming the way product teams secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As a Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of the Platform Service team, supporting containerized internet security services in our globally distributed data centers. Our team is responsible for the networks and hosts that support thousands of Internet-scale services. At its core, the Cloud Infrastructure team provides Infrastructure as a Service for engineering in dozens of our “edge” data centers.
Who You'll Work With
The Streamline Platform Service team is looking for a Systems Engineer to help us build and operate our globally distributed application platform. We support cloud-native security applications running at internet scale. This team works closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering teams to build core internet architecture, security applications and distributed systems at scale.
Our team strongly believes in network automation, and we are committed to automating all our repetitive tasks such as configuration management and auto-remediation of incidents. We are a globally distributed team supporting over two dozen data centers servicing thousands of containerized services.
Who You Are
You have experience with high-availability compute platforms and understand how to build scalable infrastructure. You have a good understanding of containerization/virtualization technologies and networking concepts. You strive to build systems that are automated and performant. You understand cloud design principles and are comfortable operating in a modern DevOps environment.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Support internal Cisco customers by extending existing services and creating new ones
- Design, build and operate highly available security services at scale, using golang, bash, and other languages/tools as fits the situation’s needs
- Develop solutions for networking and orchestration problems with availability, scale and latency in mind
- The ins and outs of supporting a platform running 24x7
- Design, build and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a variety of systems alongside with your team members
The team could be a good fit for you if some of these apply to you:
- Experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Familiarity with operating a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Some experience with applications that span multiple data-centers and/or cloud controllers
- Experience with systems, network and application security concepts
- Familiarity with with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
- Familiarity with with Agile software development methodologies, Scrum, Kanban
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired artists. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Your application has been successfully submitted.