Intermediate Systems/Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team at Cisco drives the technology that's transforming the way product teams secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. As a Systems Engineer, you will be a key member of the Platform Service team, support containerized Internet security services in our globally distributed data centers. Our team is responsible for the networks and hosts that support thousands of Internet-scale services. At its core, the Cloud Infrastructure team provides Infrastructure as a Service for engineering in dozens of our “edge” data centers.
Who You'll Work With
The Streamline Platform Service team is looking for an engineer to help us build and operate our globally distributed application platform. We support cloud-native security applications running at internet scale. This team works closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering teams to build core Internet architecture, security applications and distributed systems at scale.
As a member of this team you will collaborate with engineers to develop solutions to extend and enhance the services offered by the platform. You will work through the entire lifecycle of a feature from its conception to development to operation.
Some of the things you will work on:
- Support internal Cisco customers by extending existing services and creating new ones
- Design, build and operate highly available security services at scale, using golang, bash, and other languages/tools as fits the situation’s needs
- Develop solutions for networking and orchestration problems with availability, scale and latency in mind
- Collaborate with software and infrastructure engineering teams to design solutions to enable them
- Learn the ins and outs of supporting a platform running 24x7
- Design, build and improve CI/CD pipelines
- Fine-tune configuration and improve the performance of a variety of systems alongside with your team members
The team could be a good fit for you if some of these apply to you:
- Experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Experience with setting up and crafting cloud virtualization platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack or equivalent)
- Experience building and operating a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Experience with applications that span multiple data-centers and/or cloud controllers
- Experience with systems, network and application security concepts
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies,Scrum, Kanban
Our interview process:
One of the aspects of job searching that’s always nerve-wracking is the interview process. To help reduce that stress, our process is fairly straightforward and we aim to be as transparent as possible with it. The process generally is as follows:
- Screening call with a Cisco recruiter
- 30-minute call with the hiring manager
- 1 awesome collaborative coding assessment
- 4 hours of interviews with the team
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired musicians. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Your application has been successfully submitted.