Senior Product Manager – Secure Network as a Service
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
We’re a group of engineers, technologists, designers, and more building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. We seek forward-thinking, committed team members who are passionate about contributing to a company that has a vibrant and thoughtful culture. Working at Cisco on the Cloud Security team means being surrounded by intelligent and creative people who are determined to reinvent the security industry with innovative products and services.
What we do
In Cisco Cloud Security, we are building on our success in DNS security and Secure Web Gateway markets, to create outcome-based offers for Secure Networking-as-a-Service that work for any branch or any remote worker. This is at the core of our strategy to lead in the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE). We are partnering with Cisco networking business units to create a groundbreaking offer. This is an exciting opportunity to get in from the start of a strategic initiative that will drive our overall transformation to as-a-service offers.
What you’ll do
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to drive Cisco’s strategy and product development Secure Network-as-a-Service. You’ll have the opportunity to directly drive the evolution of the security and networking industries, fundamentally changing how workers and IT administrators do their jobs and consume security technologies.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Define and prioritize core use cases, supported by customer and competitive research, and sales insights
- Author user stories and drive agile product planning with engineering
- Define initial proofs of concept in partnership with engineering. Integrate findings into the product roadmap
- Assess the market opportunity and forecast projected revenue and market share
- Create an and end-to-end product experience that is simple to deploy and easy to manage, partnering with UX
- Evangelize the product strategy internally (e.g., with sales, engineering, other product organizations) and externally (e.g., with customers and partners)
- Identify and prioritize internal Cisco product integrations, partnering with appropriate business units within the company
- Drive customer adoption through all phases of the product including pilot, beta, and launch
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be passionate about crafting market leading products with excellent user experience
- Establish a strong vision for the product across the organization
- Have a strong background in SaaS application development and go-to-market models
- Have technical expertise with SaaS delivery models, with an understanding of cloud service performance and health metrics.
- Understand the operational aspects of delivering SaaS products
- Have a hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products
- Take strong initiative with ability to work independently with limited direction
- Confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes
- Be a great written and verbal communicator
Educational / Professional Background
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent technical experience
- 7-10+ years of Product Management experience in an agile environment
- Expertise in cloud-delivered security and/or networking services preferred
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Your application has been successfully submitted.