Customer Support Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
What You'll Do
Cisco Umbrella is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our Support Team in Vancouver. At Cisco Umbrella, Customer Support is marketing. Helping our customers is the best way to add value to our brand and you are our ambassador in this mission. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing medium-sized global team where you will be able to offer first-class technical expertise for our established products (Cisco Umbrella and Cloudlock) used and loved by tens of millions around the world. You will also have an opportunity to work on our newly released product, Secure Internet Gateway (SIG). You will act like the customer’s champion ensuring that Cisco Cloud Security provides them with the best possible experience.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Respond to user support requests
- Diagnose and provide solutions to technical issues
- Research issues while maintaining communication with end-users.
- Escalate issues to Tier II and Tier III support, as needed
- Create end user documentation and recommend procedure changes to improve efficiency.
- Multitask efficiently
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced professional environment
- Solving problems accurately, creatively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively
- Work well in a global team environment
- Cross functional collaboration
- Able to work weekends on a rotational schedule
Who You'll Work With
The Cloud Security support team delivers extraordinary technical consulting and support to a large portion of Cisco’s customer base. Our vision is to drive customer loyalty through compelling support experience and our team does this every single day by solving complex, confusing, and often groundbreaking network security problems. Do you have what it takes to innovate with us and make a difference in the constant fight for secure networking?
Who You Are
- You've achieved a Bachelors degree, or have accrued relevant past work experience, in a technical field (CS/CE/EE preferred) and have 2+ years of experience in network support.
- You have relevant experience and a real passion for supporting network security products.
- You're experienced at solving advanced networking issues and have a superb grasp of fundamental networking theory.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills for answering technical questions with customer follow-up.
- You have a desire to expand your skills, move into new areas.
- You are detail-oriented and analytical.
- You hold a CCNA (R&S or Security) certification or have equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity troubleshooting/understanding LAN/WAN environments, Active Directory, DNS, multiple OS platforms
- Advanced Wireshark analysis
- Web Proxy support experience
- Familiarity with Firewall, ISR or VPN
- Familiarity with ZenDesk, JIRA
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Your application has been successfully submitted.