This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you have a passion for making a change by supporting entrepreneurs and Start-up community? Do you want to be part of building a Start-UP accelerator and consulting brand that boost your career right from the get-go? If you are passionate about writing and developing compelling content, building a brand and making a impact to our Canadian economy through tech and innovation, Then we would like to hear from you.
UStartUP helps entrepreneurs with their journey to turn their ideas to marketable products from where they can grow and scale up their business. We believe in building a community where entrepreneurs, investors, founders and talent could connect and create opportunities to unlock more potentials in Canadian entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The Marketing/Communications Intern is responsible for helping the Product and Market Research team to communicate the UStartUP Story through event activities, public relations, advertising, and social media, and brand ambassadorship.
We would like you to engage in and assist in building UStartUP brand by::
• Prepare and coordinate social media content materials and communicating brief stories, and administering graphics and design
• Contribute to development of plans according to Team’s objectives and goals.
• Acting as a UStartUP ambassador at event and public relation functions as needed.
• Supporting the Director with Entrepreneurship events, public relations and strategic branding.
• Reviewing and editing marketing materials as necessary, including drafting briefing decks, fact sheets, pitch presentations, biographies, and web content.
• Drafting and issuing public responses to product dev inquiries.
• Completing other duties as assigned by the Communications Director.
The description above represents the most significant essential duties of the job but does not exclude others.
Qualifications and Experience
• The applicant should be enrolled in post-secondary school in any of the following fields: marketing, communications, journalism, visual arts, entrepreneurship, event Management, Public Relations, or a related field
• 0-2 years of experience in an office environment or related field
• Having Visual graphics, Photoshop, Motion design skill is an asset but not necessary
• Working knowledge of all Microsoft PC software program
• Entrepreneurship, community building, capital venture and investing experience is an asset
• Good organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
• Social media experience, either personal or professional branding, is preferred.
• Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.