Software Development Engineer (SDE2)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role can be based from British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario.
The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
Our team builds the technology behind decisions with real human impact. How can machine learning help candidates who will thrive at Amazon find the right role? How can we effortlessly onboard and schedule attendance for hundreds of thousands of associates a day? How do we enable Amazon to innovate, scale and push the boundaries of what is possible?
Building inventive technology for this diverse range of customers isn’t easy. As Amazon continues to expand beyond the traditional capabilities of human resources our technology must match it — and see around corners for new possibilities. We are solving hard problems in identity, authentication, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity.
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development life cycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
As a software development engineer on team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, road map and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
· Work with the team to help drive business decisions
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.
· Ability to mentor other software engineers.
· Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
· Excellent communication and analytical skills.
· 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications.
· A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company.