Software Development Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you have extraordinary software engineering skills? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills, your software, and your organization?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team in Vancouver. Our team is responsible for and growing an innovative, confidential, and global project that informs larger company strategic decisions. We are working on a series of Customer Experience projects spanning E-Commerce apps and sites, internal workflow automation, integration with third party systems, and applied data analytics.
As an SDE, you will own, develop, and help run our customer-facing and backend systems.
This role will be a good fit if you…
· are skilled at writing reliable, efficient, and maintainable code in Python, C#, or Java
· have a passion for eCommerce
· possess an excellent understanding of development tools in order to develop software productively
· have an analytical mind and are able to communicate complex issues in a concise way
· have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
· are driven by understanding what customers want and aren’t afraid to voice your opinion
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Participate in the full development life-cycle, including design, development, and implementation
· Writing code, tools, and scripts for one or more systems
· Handling escalations and day to day operations of one or more customer-facing or backend systems
· Responding to escalations and emerging issues after-hours, according to an on-call rotation
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Practical experience in Object Oriented Design
· Working knowledge of AWS services
· First hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Strong sense of urgency and personal commitment
· Exposure to digital marketing, especially SEM, SEO, and Video Advertising
Your application has been successfully submitted.