Software Development Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. We are looking for Senior Software Development Engineers who are seeking opportunities to apply their past experience supporting Amazon’s grocery offerings. You’ll be joining a team building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to enable a world class, cost-effective, and flexible under the roof operations. We aim to create a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture and you will help us foster that.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry
· Experience building and operating a large scale distributed system
· Proven success in solving complex technical challenges and building reliable customer facing systems
· Experience building full stack applications
· MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Strong experience in Java Services (UI and backend), Database, and customer facing APIs
· Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software features, technical designs, and strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.