Senior Frontend Engineer - Greenfield Project (Remote - US or Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Do you relish the opportunity to design, build and run mission-critical applications? Do you want to get the attention of hundreds of thousands of engineers and technology leaders around the globe 24/7 so they can fix problems? Yes? Then read on to find out more about what makes PagerDuty a great place to be an Engineer!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be part of a team that’s intensely focused on our customers and the engineering community with a focus on brand new, greenfield projects. We design, build, and run robust systems that extend and enhance our amazing products. Of course, we use our own products ourselves!
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing and shipping front-end interfaces, APIs, or backend applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- We practice Chaos Engineering, so you’ll be involved in our weekly Failure Friday sessions, where we deliberately break our systems, find weaknesses, and fix them proactively.
- With 12,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
About You: Skills and Attributes
- You have a good understanding of the full web service architecture/technologies (e.g. CDN, request headers, API design, service load balance/routing, disaster recovery).
- You have a strong passion for developing elegant and well-designed frameworks.
- You are empathetic - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others and facilitate these technical discussions to a successful outcome.
- You have contributions to open source projects.
- You have experience in designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements.
- You are a Frontend, React Expert
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help #developers, #ITOps, #DevOps & #teams across the business provide a perfect digital experience to their customers