Senior Financial Analyst
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
Pagerduty is building-out its global Finance function and is looking to recruit an experienced finance professional to help drive a comprehensive finance program around the Company’s global business reporting, forecasting & planning and decision support for the Go-To-Market areas.
Join us! Here is an opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience in a position which offers significant responsibility and interaction with senior management as well as considerable opportunity to have a significant impact throughout all areas of Pagerduty’s operations.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Build out strategic partnership with Global Sales Leaders, contribute to growth strategies, mid and long-range planning.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret financial and operating results and information; improve forecast accuracy and visibility.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Sales Operations and Commissions teams to provide insights into commission trends as well as developing and regularly updating our incentive plan forecast.
- Identify and measure the Key Performance Indicators that drive the effectiveness of top line performance as well as cost drivers of the Sales Organization. Provide insight into competitive, financial, and operational issues.
- Help develop and implement frameworks for effective investment decision making, such as ROI and payback to ensure decisions are made in alignment with the creation of shareholder value
- Participate in the evolution and execution of financial updates for various internal and external stakeholders, including the CEO, our executive leaders and the Company’s Board of Directors.
- B.S. in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years financial analysis experience from a high growth SaaS, or leading public accounting, investment bank, consulting, Fortune 500 firm.
- Experience in supporting a sales organization at a SaaS Company
- Excellent analytical, modeling and communication skills and in-depth experience with financial statement analysis as well as a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, Netsuite, Anaplan, Looker/Tableau a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style. We are looking for someone who has the ability to net out the important issues.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask; an independent / flexible problem solver who can cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated history and ability dealing with executive management.
- Ability to respond and prioritize effectively while meeting deadlines.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.