Sales Specialist, AIOps and Analytics (Remote - US or Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty continues to launch new products and capabilities that are a critical part of our future growth. Success with these new products is a top priority for our business. New products require domain knowledge, fast learning and focus to ensure the opportunity is maximized. This role will impact ARR growth of these new products by directly contributing in sales opportunities, identifying and sharing best practices and success stories, working with analysts and our powerful dataset to surface accounts with a high propensity to buy, and partnering with our Product teams to guide the direction of our roadmap.
How you contribute to our vision
- Selling: Engage directly with account teams and customers in key opportunities. This will initially require inserting yourself into opportunities and establishing value. Once value is established, as we’ve proven with other roles, internal demand will follow. The goal of engaging in opportunities is twofold: Positively impact the growth and close of the deal by leveraging your domain knowledge and experience. Learn: As with most new products there is learning that needs to happen. By engaging in deals you will learn first hand what works, what doesn’t, what resonates with customers and where there are product gaps.
- Enablement: You will take those best practices and success stories and use them to enable the broader field team to be more effective creating pipeline and closing deals with these products.
- Pipeline Generation through Data: PagerDuty’s products create a large and highly valuable dataset that can be used to identify customers who will get tremendous benefit out of our AIOps and Analytics products. This individual will work with our analytics team to proactively identify where PagerDuty can solve real problems for customers, creating value for our customers and pipeline for our sales team.
- Product Roadmap Influence: As someone on the front lines of opportunities with these products you will be well informed around where our product is strong and where there is opportunity to close gaps and add more value for our customers. You’ll be part of a group that shares field feedback with our product teams to help define a short and long term roadmap that increases the success of our customers and PagerDuty.
- Embrace our #takethelead and #runtogether values by continuously learning from feedback and experiences to be better and make your team better.
- 4+ years experience in field sales
- Advanced knowledge around AIOps
- Strong technical acumen, knowledge of engineering culture, and the ability to relate to the customer
- Maniacal focus on enabling Customer Success
- Experience leading a consultative sales approach in a multi-product, complex software environment
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, business acumen, technical competence, grit
- Ability to qualify, execute, and close business opportunities under minimum guidance
- Positive can-do attitude with demonstrated track record in building, managing, and delivering, high performing sales results.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help #developers, #ITOps, #DevOps & #teams across the business provide a perfect digital experience to their customers