Diversity Talent Partner (Remote - US or Canada)
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty, inclusive hiring is part of our company DNA. Our Talent Acquisition teams mission is to disrupt the traditional approach to building teams by transforming how we attract and engage talent at scale. As we prepare for our next phase of growth, we are excited to launch our search for our first ever Diversity Talent Partner! This role will be responsible for identifying and nurturing our short, medium, and long term diversity pipeline. This role will work closely with our executive leadership team to understand talent gaps and build strategies for creating diverse talent pools for our future leadership hires. In this role you will proactively source diverse leadership talent across all areas of PagerDuty’s business and build relationships with key leaders in the market. As we grow and scale, this approach will be applied in other areas across the business.
PagerDuty’s Talent Acquisition team plays a critical role in showcasing our diverse culture, creating inclusive interview experiences, and attracting candidates to our company. The recruiting team focuses on inclusive hiring programs, provides diversity recruitment training, and is always looking at innovative ways to attract top diverse talent. In this role you will execute our inclusive hiring strategies and foster positive candidate experiences so that future Dutonians understand PagerDuty’s commitment to a diverse culture and envision themselves belonging and contributing to PagerDuty. If you’re passionate about people, creating access, building bridges to career opportunities, and collaborating with a team committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity, this opportunity is for you!
Please Note: Must be eligible to work for any US Employer
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- In partnership with our Talent Acquisition Leadership team and Director of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity, you will design and execute a strategic roadmap to build pipelines of diverse talent with a specific lens on historically underrepresented minorities (URM) in tech with a focus on executive search
- You will serve as knowledgeable, trusted advisor to our business leaders and hiring managers regarding diversity recruiting strategy and building a bench of diverse talent
- Identify and build relationships with diverse and URM candidates for current and future leadership roles across the organization
- Design and execute nurture campaigns for senior leadership talent pools in order to share our diverse culture
- Broker introductions and ensure relationships are being built between prospective hires and leaders at PagerDuty
- Create opportunities to share PagerDuty’s diverse and inclusive culture by hosting events and other creative avenues
- Partner with the Recruiting Operations team on compliance related activities, to include diversity outreach reporting and other associated activities such as assessing gaps, opportunities and developing actionable and measurable plans to execute on pipeline
- Engage, partner, and provide thought leadership with other key areas of the recruiting organization such as university, industry recruiting teams, and diversity programs to support DE&I initiatives across the company
- Establish a partnership with our Talent Attraction-Employment Brand team around employee value proposition for diverse leadership talent and ensure inclusivity throughout the recruiting process and leveraging various channels and social media technology in diversity recruitment campaigns
- 5+ years of recruiting experience, preferably with a focus on recruiting talent from underrepresented backgrounds
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience developing and partnering with professional diversity organizations nationally
- Ability to build strong relationships at the executive level and overall strong business acumen
- Working knowledge of OFCCP, EEO and Affirmative Action general guidelines and requirements
- Experience building, scaling and leading diversity recruiting programs
- Knowledge of or existing partnerships with multicultural organizations and partnerships with organizations such as National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Prohispanica, Grace Hopper etc.
- Existing network of executive leaders specific to Black, LatinX, Women, People w/Disabilities, and Veteran communities
- Executive search experience within an inhouse corporate environment
- Experience partnering with/leveraging employee resource groups to support talent acquisition efforts
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.