Principal Human Resources Business Partner (REMOTE US/CANADA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
PagerDuty is looking for a Principal HR Business Partner with an understanding of what it takes to grow and scale a company and the organizations you partner with. You are a leader who will model our culture and values and will lead with integrity, optimism and will foster inclusion across all your work and partnerships. You’ll be working directly with the team to lead the decision-making process on organizational design, compensation, learning & development, and help them navigate Employee Relations issues. As both an integral member of the People & Places team and the leaders you support, you’ll assess, build, coach, and influence our talent and leaders. This role is a dynamic, hands-on partnership for someone who is willing to take on the fast-paced environment found in a hyper-growth company.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Partner with your clients through planning and execution for programs that matter to their organization and tie that back to our business strategy
- Design, deliver and facilitate training or programs in partnership with the Talent Development Team
- Build effective partnerships with leaders, managers, and individual contributors and the People & Places Team
- Actively identify team and organizational needs, evaluate options, drive/develop solutions; and provide tactical support to teams when needed
- Provide management coaching across all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with the leadership and managers on organizational change initiatives, people/performance decisions, actions, talent management development, employee engagement, communication, and program rollouts
- Lead coaching and feedback efforts and make recommendations based on a combination of past experiences and in-depth knowledge
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights/decisions around growth and retention to help support the leadership teams
- Partner with other departments and teams in the organization in order to solidify open communication, consistent collaboration and effective workflow for all operations/strategic purposesLead logistics of all employee exits, leaves of absences, and documentation for your business unit
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with global and distributed teamsIn addition to living our cultural values we also have core people team operating principles including bringing an agile mindset being team based, collaborative, leading with optimism, assuming positive intent
- This role will require you to understand the business and be a thought leader or subject matter expert on one more or People and Organizational topics including Talent Development, DEI, Performance Management, Engagement
- Must have the ability to see patterns, diagnose issues, and recommend and develop both immediate and long-term solutions and mechanisms
- Must have a consultative problem solving approach when it comes to managing organizational changes and challenges
- High business acumen, executive coaching, excellent communication, facilitation and planning/project management skills are also essentialAbility to prioritize among competing priorities
- Work with managers to address various employee relations issues and be able to fairly represent all perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree; 10-15 years as an Human Resource Generalist or Human Resource Manager and 8 years Human Resource Business Partner experience is a must
- Proven experience closely partnering with senior leaders within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to scale processes and organizations in a technology environment highly desired
- Ability to embed in a business unit and understand how that part of the business is successful and how it interacts with the other business units
- Good judgment, sense of optimism, strong business acumen, creative problem solving, exceptional partnering and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Experience in a global organization
- Left HR and worked on the business side
- Experience working in one other function outside of the HRBP function
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help #developers, #ITOps, #DevOps & #teams across the business provide a perfect digital experience to their customers