Director Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (Remote - US or Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
At PagerDuty Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity have been part of our cultural values since day one. It is part of our company DNA. From our CEO to our newest Dutonian, we take individual ownership in creating a work environment where everyone can thrive. We are excited to find a leader to help build and execute our global Inclusion and Diversity strategy for PagerDuty’s next phase of growth. You will partner closely with members of the C suite and the broader People and Places and Social Impact teams at PagerDuty. If you’re passionate about driving change, building and scaling an inclusive and equitable workforce and collaborating with a team committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity, please consider applying!
*Remote eligible opportunity and position may be filled at a higher level based on experience. Candidate must be eligible to work with any US employer*
How You Impact Our Vision
- Translating our CEO’s vision into a measurable and scalable ID&E strategy that is aligned to critical business outcomes.
- Partnering with the Talent Acquisition team to uplevel our inclusive hiring strategy in order to discover, hire and nurture talent from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds
- Partnering with Talent Development to ensure our ID&E learning strategy is integrated in the Talent Development strategy and support the delivery of learning where necessary
- Partnering with business leaders to drive inclusion across the entire talent lifecycle; including (but not limited to) compensation and benefits, talent management (onboarding, performance and development), employee listening (engagement and inclusion surveys) and talent acquisition
- Partnering with our people operations team to use data for storytelling and influence; Creating and reporting on metrics to business leaders, identifying trends and targeted opportunities for impact
- Working closely with our Marketing team and Office of the CEO on external public relations and events
- Working with PagerDuty.org, our Social Impact function, to align Inclusion, Diversity and Equity across our Social Impact programs and partnerships
- Scaling global Employee Resource Group program, providing coaching and thought partnership.
- 8+ years of ID&E experience
- Demonstrates the ability to embody empathy of the lived experiences and emotions that comes with being of URPs
- Ability to manage and coach others on the external matters (i.e., social and racial injustices) and internal matters (i.e., social and racial across the business inequities)
- A relentless passion for crafting and facilitating innovative ID&E solutions and uncomfortable conversations in a hyper-growth environment
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrable track record of leading & delivering global efforts for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong program and project management and execution skills
- Business agility with a bias for action and an orientation on impact and scale
- Ability to influence at all levels across the organization including from CEO, executive leadership team, ERG Leaders, and cross-functional partner--Social impact and marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; high comfort level of presenting at an executive level; and can balance building trust, navigating challenging conversations and employee relations.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help #developers, #ITOps, #DevOps & #teams across the business provide a perfect digital experience to their customers