People Operations Manager (Remote - US/Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You:
PagerDuty is looking for a People Operations Manager. If you’re looking for a unique role, this is it. In this role, you will own the execution of our global People programs, drive our survey strategy, and help shape the vision of our future service center model. You will partner across the People & Places Team, as well as cross-functionally, in a role that bounces between creating great employee experiences in performance, engagement and recognition to managing foundational areas around onboarding and off-boarding. This role is a dynamic, hands-on partnership for someone who is willing to take on the fast-paced environment found in a hyper-growth company. If you are a big thinker and collaborator who is highly analytical, operational and results oriented, we are looking for you!
How You Impact Our Vision
- Manage People Operations Coordinator(s), overseeing the operations aspects of our onboarding and offboarding processes for all employees and contractors
- Program manage our performance and people-oriented survey programs, collaborating with key stakeholders and own the strategy around survey delivery and post-survey reporting and actions
- Help build the “HR Service Center” model; shape the vision using your previous hands-on experience leveraging technology and establishing processes that will enable us to scale globally
- Work closely with our HR Business Partners on new program rollouts and updates, and understanding business dynamics, sentiments and updates.
- Project manage the design, development, and implementation of various employee engagement and performance programs and initiatives.
- Administer our recognition programs, including coordinating award nominations and service anniversary awards
- Crisis Response Management tasks, including conducting surveys and workstream projects
- Partner with Corporate Communications team & People Operation Subject Matter Experts to coordinate the appropriate mediums for internal communications
- A passion for People Operations and solving for the future
- Moderate People technology experience
- Proven track record of managing and coaching junior-level employees
- Experience building or contributing to the creation of a service center model for employee inquiries
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction when priorities change
- Strong project and process management skills
- Strong analytical and storytelling skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Team player with outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Not afraid of course correcting in the middle of a defined process
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Google Suite, Slack, and other MS applications such as Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree; 5-7 years of human resources experience and 2-3 years’ experience as a People Operations, Business Intelligence or Human Resource Manager
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience with HR Service Centers
- Immigration and mobility experience
- HR Business Partner experience
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help #developers, #ITOps, #DevOps & #teams across the business provide a perfect digital experience to their customers