Senior Director, Data Science (Remote - US/Canada)
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
We are seeking an experienced strategic technical leader who will work closely with our Product & Engineering organization with the goal of leveraging our unique human and machine IT operations data to innovate and create value for our customers. You will be responsible for leading a team of data scientists focused on furthering this goal.
Reporting directly into the SVP, Engineering you will be touching many different areas of interest including data mining, advanced Machine Learning applications for revenue optimization, Statistical Modeling, Predictive Analytics, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) just to name a few.
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Coach, mentor, and grow our high performing team of data scientists
- Create the vision, strategy for the future state of data science and research efforts
- Bring thought leadership to advance our data science efforts
- Relentlessly drive focus on both quality and timeliness of delivery
- Develop an investment strategy to define, grow, and maintain a best in class data science organization
- Be a thought leader for internal and external audiences
- Excellent ability to communicate the vision, strategy, deliverables, and results of our data science efforts
- Cross-functional partnership across Product, Engineering, Marketing to collaborate on strategy to achieve the outcomes we expect
About You: Skills and Attributes
- Unending passion for actively coaching, mentoring team members
- Enable your most talented people to thrive by supporting career growth
- Effectively challenge what you see in service of continuous improvement
- Results driven approach to strategy, investment, execution, and deliveryInfluence and impact without direct authority
- Strong business acumen coupled with technical proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent through work related experience
- 10+ years experience in data science, machine learning, or related disciplines
- 7+ years experience having direct reports in data science teams and research practices
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.