Senior Software Engineer
United States Remote
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re seeking an experienced software engineer to help build and support Mailchimp's commerce projects and to help foster community around the project.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience designing and building GraphQL APIs
- You have experience implementing OAuth / OpenID Connect
- You have extensive experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- You have experience working with Docker and Docker Compose
- You have extensive experience writing tests for software. This includes unit, integration and end to end testing using tools like Jest and Cypress
- You have experience maintaining a CI / CD workflow
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable working on a fully distributed team with team members based in different timezones
- You are comfortable interfacing with the open source community, answering questions, helping solve problems and taking feedback
- You have contributed to the design of a service oriented system
- You have published npm packages
- You have published or maintain open source projects
- You blog and or give talks at industry conferences on technical subjects
- You have some experience with Kubernetes
- You have worked with SQL databases like PostgreSQL
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain new and existing services
- Develop GraphQL APIs and solve challenging technical problems associated with federating many services into a single GraphQL API
- Interface with the open source community, review community created pull requests, triage community issues, answer questions in chat channels, and attend community meetings
This position is remote and we’re able to hire in these US locations: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, and Washington state.
Mailchimp has offices in Atlanta, Brooklyn, Oakland, and Vancouver if you prefer to work from an office.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.