Sr. Product Manager, Platform Administration & Security
San Francisco, CA, USA
Sr. Product Manager, Platform Administration & Security
Slack's Platform team makes it easier for people to get work done by connecting the tools they use every day with Slack.
The team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead our efforts to deliver differentiated experiences that build upon Slack's position as the leading platform for integrated enterprise apps and services.
This Product Manager will guide the design, development, and delivery of the landscape of capabilities that enable our customers to deploy software securely and at scale. This role requires a desire to deeply understand the Slack Platform, the wide variety of apps that have been built by our over 2000 platform developers, and the breadth of use cases across all of our customers (from Fortune 100 companies all the way to startups).
Our goal is to make the admins champions of the Slack Platform - and in turn to help them champion the tools that their end users want to use. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and an entire industry by ensuring Slack is “where work gets done.”
Do you get excited about bringing tools together, building a platform, and want to help users find experiences that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Great. Come work at Slack!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Responsible for leading the product vision for how Slack and its customers can efficiently connect with a wide range of work tools, driving the product roadmap and execution of the Platform Admin team.
- Run collaborative user research studies to find user experience touch points that help customers get the most out of our tools and those that partners provide.
- Represent the needs of customers and users company-wide while also representing Slack to customers and partners.
- Drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, managing the workflow with engineering leaders and design, driving execution and anticipating risks
- Collaborate with business development, developer relations, sales and other cross-functional teams to work with developers in our ecosystem to support them in building the best apps for our mutual customers.
- Communicate directly with many of our largest customers, across a wide variety of industries - understanding their individual security & administrative needs, often supporting them in collaborating on workflows.
- Understand how teams learn quickly; high comfort with rapid prototyping, incremental shipping to deliver value to users. You ensure we ship well-crafted product at a timely pace.
What you should have
- You are a genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across the team to generate and execute solutions.
- Deeply curious with a need to understand “why” - a person with “strong opinions, loosely held”
- Strong technically and have a track record of successfully delivering solutions for complex technical problems
- Experience working with third-party partners on technology and product-based partnerships.
- You approach complex challenges methodically, building decision making frameworks founded on qualitative and quantitative data
- Proven track record shipping elegant, pleasant, productive user-facing products at scale in a highly dynamic environment
- A university degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent experience is recommended
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of developer, designer, or data science experience
- Enterprise software experience in user-facing tools strongly preferred
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Tolerance for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.