This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of Fortune 500 companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team that enables Customer Experience staff to deliver exemplary customer support.
As the key owner of this function, you’ll craft the systems, content, and processes to ensure every team member delivers fast and accurate service to thousands of customers. You’ll partner with leadership to scale and force multiply the impact of your efforts.
You’ll also build a thriving, nimble team that is able to adapt to changing business needs. Your team will champion enablement, learning, and service quality within Customer Experience and across all of Slack. This is a highly cross functional role that requires a deep knowledge of both enablement systems and organizational change.
Your work will focus on 4 critical questions:
How might we build enablement and quality systems that foster outstanding 1:1 support interactions? (execution)
How might we mature our onboarding and ongoing learning strategy as we scale globally? (strategy)
How might we build a team that anticipates customer needs, ensuring we’re always exceeding (not just meeting) our customers’ service expectations? (leadership)
How might we champion systems that improve service quality by building demand for change across the department? (communication)
We consider Customer Experience essential to Slack’s success. This role is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same.
What You Will Do
- Craft a compelling, long term vision for enablement, onboarding, and quality
- Work with the team to manage workstreams from end-to-end: scope projects, build alignment, and execute work on time
- Personally own Customer Experience Manager & Associate Manager Onboarding programs, ensuring that every new leader gets up to speed quickly
- Collaborate with our cross-functional partners, including Organizational Effectiveness, Recruiting, and People Operations
- Build and manage a healthy team that collaborates with each other and with cross-functional partners to prioritize our customers, even in the face of adversity
What You Should Have
- 6+ years of learning design/enablement design and 2+ years of management experience
- A proven track record of crafting systems that measurably increase staff skill sets and customer outcomes
- Experience working with global, distributed teams
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively at every level of the organization
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- A history of building cross-functional partnership and alignment
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree or commensurate experience, graduate degree a plus
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive — for everyone.