Xcode UI Engineer - Developer Cloud Platform & Tools
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Developer Cloud Platform & Tools group creates tools used by millions of engineers around the world to build software for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Engineers in the the group have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply their personal experience to enhance and augment the very tools they use every day and contribute to the developer ecosystem.
We are looking for an engineer to contribute to the development of a yet-to-be-announced product.
- Enthusiastic about great design
- Be a considerate, helpful contributor
- Professional experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation
- Experience building applications using Swift or Objective-C
- Track record of building and shipping high quality software
- Experience in communicating with customers, collaborating with technical/design teams, and senior management to define requirements and describe product features
- Experience writing easily maintainable code and tests
We are seeking a talented engineer to help us build the future of developer technologies at Apple. You’ll join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for building new features and services that will power a new Apple product. You will be collaborating with Apple's internal software organization to help make sure that this product meets their needs, as well as providing great new features to Apple's external developer community.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about streamlining and automating developer workflows, have a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn (and sweat) the details of our domain. Experience working with Cocoa, building desktop user interfaces, or integrating web service APIs is a plus. This role requires strong problem-solving abilities, a critical eye, and a relentless focus on end user experience.
The candidate's primary responsibility will be taking UX and technical specifications, and using them to implement new features within Xcode. They will also be responsible for fixing product defects and improving code architecture. The candidate will work with the design team and other engineering teams to help create and evaluate new product ideas and technical designs. Xcode features are used by millions, so every detail matters. Performance, security, accessibility requirements are a core part of any feature work.
You’ll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the larger Development Technologies organization colocated with us. Here you’ll find that we:
• Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans..
• Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to close find your own space and focus.
• Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture.
• Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
• Offer excellent benefits.
* This role is on-site in Vancouver, Canada. Relocation assistance is available.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- • If possible, we’d love to see an example of your relevant work, such as a personal project or open source contribution.
- • If you believe you have relevant transferable skills not listed on this posting, please share that information via a Cover Letter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.