Software Engineering Manager, FEAR Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The Fraud, Engineering, Algorithms and Risk group is responsible for combating fraud and abuse for Internet Software and Services at Apple. In this role, you will be tasked with leading the development of mission-critical, robust and scalable distributed risking services and data systems that can keep pace with data across a number of high-profile and large-volume Apple cloud properties. Your contributions will enable us to rapidly and resiliently protect Apple customers, developers and systems from fraud and abuse.
- 3+ years of proven ability leading high-performing engineering teams across multiple sites
- Superb interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate with large multi-functional technical and business teams
- Ability to hire, mentor and elevate the performance of a team
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
- Represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Very strong ownership-of-outcome qualities
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies
- Ability to design large-scale, complex applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability
- Passion for computer science, software engineering design and working with systems and data at scale
- Recent coding experience (in the last year) in Java or Scala, preferably with mission critical, large-scale services or systems
- Fluent knowledge with at least two of the following: large-scale web services, Cassandra/NoSQL, Kafka, high-performance databases
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related field
Apple is seeking an extraordinary leader to manage a team of hardworking engineers. This is a management position that supports a large number of critical anti-fraud and abuse projects, and it requires experience and expertise effectively leading a team with varied levels of experience.
We work at an unusual intersection of huge data volumes and adversaries that are continuously adapting, which means we are operating at and beyond the limits of conventional systems. To be effective in this space, we engineer high-quality, responsive, scalable and resilient distributed services that make low-latency risking decisions and ingest/egress large amounts of data with our customers to support risking.
In this role you will work closely with our engineering teams and partner multi-functionally with peer organizations, and dependent teams to ensure relevant and timely execution. You are a leader who thrives operating in a fast-paced environment and are able to cultivate an environment that emphasizes ownership of outcome, collaboration, innovation and creativity.
This role carries with it the satisfaction that you are helping protect and improve the user experience of hundreds of millions of users!
Education & Experience
BS in Math, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.