Software Engineering Manager
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Cisco is funding a small, agile, product development team to innovate and build a new product offering in the SDN controller space. The team and you will operate in an agile development model to rapidly bring a new product offering to market, reacting very quickly to initial customer feedback and market needs. Over time as customer adoption increases, the platform will be further utilized as the basis for many network applications.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
Cisco is looking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead the team and contribute to the team culture, the product, and the process to bring it to market. They must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
WHO YOU ARE
- Be a leader for a team of engineers involved in the development and testing of software for our next generation campus networking architecture.
- Participate in design discussions and develop high-scale data collection, analysis, and reporting systems for both customer and Cisco use.
- Work with architects and product owners / customers to help define feature functionality.
- Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and principled software development.
- This team will move forward with the most modern and appropriate technologies for the task at hand.
- Bachelors + 9-10 years of related experience, or Masters + 8 - 9 years of related experience
- Been a people leader for 0-2 years.
- Experience in Java, or other modern programming languages / technologies.
- Strong understating of OOA & D, design patterns and SOA architectures and horizontal scalability tenets.
- Experience in or passion for building a PaaS solution using Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience in use of standard SCM tools (Git) and CI/CD (Jenkins / Maven, etc) process.
- Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
- Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
- Strong problem solving and software development /troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
- Past experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Your application has been successfully submitted.