Administrative Assistant, Business Operations
What You Will Do
In this role, you will provide support to multiple Directors and Sr. Directors in calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed. To perform these tasks effectively, you will become familiar with the products, people, and organizational dynamics within Cisco. You will understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources, and other needs from the Directors and Senior Directors. You will be responsible for determining when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure proper disposition, and make sure nothing goes unresolved.
- · Calendar Management: Manages multiple leaders’ calendars by prioritizing schedules and meetings. May decide who gets on principal’s calendar, which meetings are attended, and who can attend in his place.
- · Meeting Planning and Organizing: Assists leaders in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda as needed, location, meeting technology (WebEx, TP) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item lists.
- · Correspondence/Approvals: Supports Directors and Senior Directors by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure accurate disposition.
- · Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for the principals. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing and submitting expenses. Resource on travel and entertainment process and policies.
- · Onsite Events and Program Support: Support with onsite event execution as needed. Role will vary from program to program but may include supplier visit support, general in person office support, program logistics and communications as needed.
- · Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist leaders on special projects. Research issues, analyzes problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
In addition to the general administrative duties of an Administrative Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. This includes researching issues, analyzing problems, determining approaches, compiling data and preparing reports. Due to the frequent engagement of the Directors and Senior Directors across Cisco as a whole, this individual will collaborate with and coordinate activities with other EA's and executives in Cisco. Work is generally of a critical and confidential nature.
Who You'll Work With
The Global Supplier Management team within Supply Chain is responsible for sourcing components for the hardware products Cisco produces and sells. The team is fast moving, with committing to the improvement of the sourcing process and output in support of Cisco’s partners and customers.
Who You Are
- · 6+ years’ experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of two years of experience supporting a principal who was at the Director level and above.
- · Great attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information
- · Advanced knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and suppliers.
- · Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork.
- · Champions improvements. Solves problems and makes decisions.
- · Demonstrates leadership.
- · Works in an organized and disciplined manner.
- · Advanced desktop calendar management program experience.
- · AA Degree desirable.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Your application has been successfully submitted.