Senior Communications Manager, CX Partner
This is a remote role & can be located anywhere in the United States
What You’ll Do
As a member of the Global CX communication team, you will lead an internal communications strategy to advise, engage, and align our employees across the CX organization. You will also be responsible for enabling the CX leadership team to evangelize for CX and encourage and empower our employees to align to our business objectives and priority. This role requires a mixture of creativity, program management, executive influence and content creation.
You will help:
- Drive alignment across the Global CX organization around our team’s vision, strategy and priorities to implement key operations imperatives and drive the CX business forward. This can include organizational communications, events such as All-Hands and leadership meetings or internal digital channels such as Communities, SharePoint and Team spaces
- Empower employee engagement and increase job happiness to cultivate a positive, inclusive and collaborative community and environment that attracts and improves talent, fosters innovation, and encourages excellence
- Synthesize business initiatives, company performance, technology and innovation strategies for internal audiences to easily digest and feel inspired
Specifically, you may be required to:
- Develop an internal communications strategy to ensure employees are engaged and aligned to CX priorities
- Build a leadership communications plan to enable our leaders to scale our CX stories and messaging across Cisco
- Project manage all CX employee events and programs, from beginning to end
- Build an internal messaging framework and write messaging to support events
- Write and edit articles, emails, presentations
- Develop content for internal and external videos
- Produce clear, concise communications that make sophisticated topics understandable
- Collaborate with other members in communications, change management and leadership to build content that supports the organizations and company’s strategic priorities
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in a communications role
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field
- Knowledge of modern storytelling for driving engagement in a corporate setting
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Ability to think strategically, work efficiently and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Experience project managing, coordinating, and implementing sophisticated communications plans
- Understand Cisco’s story, its technologies, services & solutions
- Strong ability to read people, influence where appropriate and complete when necessary
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance concurrent projects
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Your application has been successfully submitted.