Group Strategy Director, Markets & Values
Posted: Jun 2, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class campaigns and experiences.
We are seeking a modern strategy leader to shape the briefing and execution of multiple integrated campaigns annually across our Markets(Enterprise) & Values categories.
This is a leadership role, covering multiple lines of business within Apple’s growing ecosystem; and taking responsibility for the strategies that position these products as well as helping to define how we take them to market. It requires radical simplification; an ability to spot and articulate the right approach when many strategies are possible; and a deep understanding of the many modern media contexts in which our messages might live.
- 15+ years of experience working as a strategy leader, with an equally proven track record in brand strategy, digital and marketing
- Deep understanding of exactly how strategy lives within - and inspires creative execution across - the broader marketing mix
- Equally comfortable with culture-driving advertising, and tactical hard-hitting marketing
- Ability to work with large data sets to identify the right objectives, messages and moments for a campaign to be successful, and the measurement strategies that prove it
- Comfort with fast iteration: testing, learning, and responding quickly to changing market signals
- Proven ability to lead strategic teams across multiple lines of business
- Track record of leading strategic conversations with a wide range of people in different teams, including business leads, media experts, and creative partners.
- Skilled in prioritizing multiple, complex, concurrent projects. Able to respond and adapt to the needs of a highly matrixed organization, and ensure that work is delivered to a high standard while adhering clearly to defined business and marketing objectives.
- Extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- A passion for technology along with a critical point of view on its impact on people’s lives.
- A born collaborator, able to thrive in ambiguity
You will own the translation of business objectives into marketing strategies for our Markets and Values teams.
You will work with your team to define the strategic platforms that describe and position each service.
You will develop inspiring yet rigorous briefs that inform everything from awareness-driving campaigns, to social content, to performance marketing and customer acquisition efforts, working with business leads on each of our services to drive success
You will represent these efforts at the highest levels of the company.
You will work closely and productively with some of the best creative, media and marketing talent on the planet.
You will identify opportunities for growth and innovation across our product portfolio; opportunities to reach new audiences, drive new interest, and connect with new cultures.
You will lead a small-but-mighty strategy team, developing their talents and career paths at Apple.
You will build relationships and gain insight from diverse groups of people in a variety of teams within the larger Apple organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Creative Agency experience preferred. Samples of creative briefs or case study samples required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.