Marcom Project Manager Lead, Latin America & Canada
Posted: Jun 2, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Marcom Project Management (MPM) team drives localization and original creative work throughout the group; steering key projects through the studio, tracking status and timelines, identifying bottlenecks, scheduling reviews, ensuring smooth workflow and critically connecting project stakeholders throughout the life of a project.
We are looking for a Project Manager Lead to join the MPM team. The person in this role will be responsible for leading the team driving marketing efforts for the for Latin America and Canada markets, working cross-functionally with Leadership, Local Language Partners, Functional Producers, Brand Managers, Creative Team and Content/Business Affairs.
- Substantial relevant experience working in an international marketing environment, creative agency, or in-house creative department.
- Experience managing teams or demonstrated ability supporting project managers and cross-functional peers.
- Demonstrated project management skills including scope management, resource planning, task tracking, and budget management.
- You respect and understand the craft of creative work and negotiate well.
- Ability to adapt to rapid change and ambiguity, pre-empting potential roadblocks, re-prioritizing and defining the best way forward with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in high-pressure situations and tight time frames.
- Enthusiastic, self starter, energetic, quick learner with a can-do mind-set.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- A good sense of humor. There will be days when you’ll need it.
- You are calm and curious with an open mind and drive for excellence.
- You are well organized, data-oriented and pay attention to details
Leads a team of Project Managers across both regions, setting direction for the work and removing barriers on a day-to-day basis. Inspires and encourages the team, providing opportunities for growth and development and upholding Apple’s values both internally and with partners.
Creates an inclusive environment that encourages debate and constructive disruption.
Oversees all Marcom Localization and Origination projects happening across Latin America and Canada and manages projects directly as needed, based on team capacity.
Continuously provides visibility and ensures adequate communication of project plans to Leadership and the broader Studio.
Prioritizes work effectively by collaborating with team of direct reports, Functional Producers, Brand Managers and Production Lead, managing or reviewing schedules of projects across studio.
Manages the day-to-day relationship with our language agency partners (writing, editing, translation), providing scope of work forecast, ensuring creative network is appropriately staffed for workload and overseeing training of new resources as needed.
Supports team of direct reports, Creative Directors and Functional Teams in defining project creative needs, process, structure of reviews and approval routes.
Partners with Operations, Localization and Production leaders, as well as with functional and creative teams to forecasts and manages annual and quarterly workload and budgets, and tracks against work actuals.
Ensures clarity and implementation of globally established workflows and processes, while continually looking for ways to improve processes across functions.
Partners with WW Project Management and regional counterparts to act as a thought leader to the MPM community globally, influencing and sharing best practices.
Constantly looks for ways to improve workflows to improve efficiency and quality.
Education & Experience
Excellent English communication skills—written and oral. French, Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
Experience working in or with Latin American or Canadian markets is a plus.
Loves reports, trackers and keeping accurate, detailed notes. Experience or familiarity with Apple applications including Mail, Numbers, Pages, iCal, Keynote is a requirement.
Training on Project Management would be an advantage.
- International travel required (20% of time).
Your application has been successfully submitted.