Data Visualization Specialist
Posted: Jun 2, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — we build the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications.
The Marcom Data Science team embeds intelligence across Marcom teams to enable the creation of amazing customer experiences.
We are looking for a skilled Data Visualization Specialist to develop tools that extend business insights across the organization. Work by this individual will unlock insights across Worldwide and GEO teams and increase team efficiency and impact.
- 5+ years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing high-performance, scalable, and secure business intelligence and analytic solutions.
- Excellent communicator with good design sense and natural presentations skills.
- The ability to set and lead accurate expectations for project result completion times and to deliver to promise.
- The ability to Define, analyze, and document functional and technical requirements for projects. Highly detailed, organized, and patient.
- The ability to Interpret business problems and develop technical solutions for data architecture, database queries, report layout, data visualizations and user interaction
- Strong collaborator; the demonstrable ability to work with partners effectively.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Deep experience using Tableau for ad-hoc analysis and dashboards.
- Proficient in SQL and programming (Teradata and Python preferred).
- Design and consult on database architecture to enable efficient solutions
- Experience working with big data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience with data science and machine learning analyses is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of process automation using a scripting language.
In this role you will work with analysts and business partners to develop data visualization solutions. You will collect requirements, wireframe, prototype, develop and refine a suite of reports and dashboards. As a data visualization authority you will be encouraged to interpret business problems and offer innovative solutions - not just fill specific requests. You will work with a wide range of data sources and data types and need to design balanced data processes to connect, transform and combine disparate data. You will work as an analytics partner, extending and improving the knowledge and capabilities of the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with quantitative emphasis. Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Marketing Analytics, or related field.
Master’s Degree desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.