Corporate Identity Design Manager
Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the creative development and execution of world-class communications. The Corporate Identity team is part of the Design Team within Marcom, a team that is responsible for the design and art direction of core communications at Apple—including product launches and seasonal campaigns—across Retail, Channel, Packaging, Keynote, and Events.
The mission of the Corporate Identity team is to instill a discipline of design consistency and careful management of identity graphics. The Corporate Identity Design Manager oversees the development of Apple’s core identity graphics, and manages the development of graphic standards and guidelines to ensure consistency in the use of core visual trademarks, such as:
The Apple logo
Product identity graphics (for example, the Apple logo combined with the word iPhone, iPad, or MacBook)
Identity graphics for our various services (for example, the Apple TV+ logo)
Graphic assets that are used by outside parties such as developers who are approved by Apple (for example, the ubiquitous Download on the App Store badge)
The Corporate Identity Manager also oversees the management and use of Apple’s bespoke fonts that are used on marketing communications worldwide. The manager also oversees the creation of typography standards and guidelines.
This role requires an integral leader who will work closely with branding and product marketing teams to ensure that identity graphics (artwork and guidelines) meet the desired communication goals.
This role will also be responsible for the guidance, career growth, and management of a small team of talented designers, and production and font specialists. In this role, you will be instrumental in managing the visual identity of one of the world’s most beloved brands.
- 12+ years of design experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in an identity management role.
- Expert ability to lead a team in developing assets and standards for identity graphics to work across a broad range of corporate, product, and service communications. Must be well-versed in graphic design, branding, and identity asset management.
- You have a strong background in typography and development of typography standards as related to corporate identity. Familiarity with non-Latin scripts a plus, but not a must.
- You are familiar with localizing communications for a global market.
- You are curious and passionate about corporate identity — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- You are a motivated and driven manager that can guide a team to solve complex problems with simple solutions.
- You are a strong communicator with persuasive presentation skills that is able to articulate ideas in a clear manner, encourage healthy debate, and accept directional feedback. Must be able to communicate effectively both up and down a creative organization in order to build trust and support.
- Good organization skills to guide the team towards efficient collaboration and effective solutions.
- Competence and familiarity with design software, primarily Adobe apps.
You will be an influential leader that drives the team towards consistency and discipline in identity graphics solutions.
You will be responsible for the creation of artwork assets that meet Apple’s high quality standards.
You will work closely with our Marcom font developer and Apple font teams to ensure that marketing fonts are keeping pace with font technology changes and font development best practices at Apple and maintaining Apple’s typographic identity while meeting regional marketing needs.
You will provide a corporate identity point of view on legal and public relations discussions that involve identity graphics.
Plan and direct all aspects of assigned projects — working closely with the team’s producers on resourcing and scheduling — to guide the team towards excellent solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters with an eye on maintaining Apple quality standards.
You will be responsible for explaining identity design solutions and presenting them to product marketing teams and to senior Marcom leaders for reviews and approval.
Guide your team’s work towards the big-picture corporate identity goals, while still maintaining the attention to detail that Apple is known for.
You will use your experience and intuition to help the team navigate ambiguity. With skillful communication, you will debate and prioritize input from different functional groups and product team leaders. Must react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction to strategically pivot when necessary.
You will provide thoughtful guidance to your staff, and contribute to mentorship, career and team growth.
Education & Experience
BA or BFA degree in Graphic Design or a related field preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.