Business Development Manager - Wallet, Payments and Commerce
Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job!
The Apple Wallets, Payments, and Commerce (WPC) team is seeking a top-notch Business Development Manager to lead partnerships enabling Apple Pay and Apple Wallet first party products/services. In this role, you are the expert in payment ecosystem and mobile wallet landscape. Your deep knowledge of the value chains of different players in the ecosystem, whether it’s payment networks, issuers, processors, fintechs, service providers and merchants, will empower you in sourcing partners, negotiating and closing commercial agreements and launching new programs.
As a successful candidate, you are comfortable with ambiguity, you enjoy thinking about edge cases and seeing things around the corner. You are a strong verbal and written communicator. You are a self-motivated, result-oriented and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You have a high level of integrity, energy, and sense of urgency to “make things happen”. You can balance the needs of multiple teams and maintain a strong sense of empathy for your partners.
This position is located in Cupertino, CA or New York, NY and will be a hybrid in-house role once Apple returns to an in-office working.
- 15+ years of professional experience with 10+ years in business or market development at multiple companies in financial services segments.
- Deep knowledge of payments ecosystem, understanding the complexities of funds flow, roles/responsibilities for settlement, relevant regulations and industry standards and the wide spectrum of mobile payment products.
- Direct experience in structuring partnership deals, negotiating business and technical terms across multiple partners in the payment industry.
- Track records of impactful partnership establishments, management and growth.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong ability to influence without authority, sell concepts and actively drive streamlined decision making across partners.
- Self-starter who works optimally in a dynamic environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical plans across many organizational partners. Ability to articulate the broader vision combined with the ability to understand the executional details.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) to persuade internal and external decision makers.
- Expertise building arguments around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Upbeat and collaborative teammate who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Proficiency with Apple products and applications is highly preferred.
Lead the partnership programs in enabling and enhancing Apple Pay and Apple Wallet first party products/services, covering the complete process of partner identification, case development and socialization, partnership negotiation, contract signing and execution, go to market launch and continued partnership value growth.
Work with senior level partners internally and externally to advance case, secure resources and provide ongoing communications.
Provide industry insights and market opportunities to Apple cross-functional teams, including alliance, product, engineering, marketing and etc, to influence business strategy and product roadmaps for the growth of Apple Pay and Wallet Services.
25% travel required.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required. MBA preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.