Director, Talent Strategy - Remote, USA
Our people are a core strategic driver of Metas success. We have an outstanding team working together to build and scale Meta, and we’re striving to provide a unique experience for every person working here. We are looking for a strategic and action-oriented innovator to lead our career programs team. This role will set the strategy for, and lead the execution of, career programs at Meta. One of the People team’s key strategic initiatives is to bring more consistency and fairness to the career experience by updating the way we define skills and jobs across Facebook, setting a strong foundation for scale as Facebook grows. This role will lead the execution of this initiative, and serve as a strategist/advisor on how the skills are embedded into people’s experience across the employee lifecycle.
Director, Talent Strategy Responsibilities
- Be a company-wide expert on career development, developing a strategy for engaging all career partners to ensure consistency in messaging and experience
- Define and direct the channel strategy to ensure relevant, timely and inspiring content gets to people when they need it. Partner with the communications team on execution
- Lead the end-to-end change management of the skills framework evolution. Working with People Analytics, Compensation, and HRBPs to synthesize job and skill insights and presenting data, narratives plus recommendations to leadership to support adoption and ongoing change management effort
- Build a strategic vision for how skills can be embedded across the employee experience lifecycle (e.g. Recruiting, Learning, Careers, Performance), and working across all teams in People@ as an advisor on skill integration and change management
- Operate as a business advisor on talent initiatives through developing strong relationships with leaders and synthesizing information and facilitating decision-making. Develop roadmap alignment/synergy, innovation, and benefit realization within and across personas (e.g., candidates, incumbents, managers, leaders, recruiters, HR business partners)
- Lead the ongoing evolution and development of resources tied to our company-wide career philosophy and vision
- Connect into existing programs and product areas - identify and drive towards increased alignment, streamlining and integration over time
- Support 6 team members in their work on career programs & identify opportunities to increase alignment across the work
- Partner with HRBP, Learning & Development, and People Analytics teams to understand the effectiveness of career messaging and programs, revise strategy & programs as needed
- Facilitate relationships between teams (e.g. HRBPs, HR Program Managers, People Analytics, People Products, Diversity & Inclusion, People Insights, Learning & Development, People Operations) to move the process forward, find resources, raise concerns to appropriate owners early and resolve open issues that prevent progress
- Keep all relevant teams and stakeholders up-to-date and aware of project/program launches & opportunities for collaboration
- 12+ years of HR or HR consulting experience
- 5+ years of experience leading through others and managing teams
- Expertise and interest for career development and skill competency frameworks
- Experience in career development, program design/management, and change management
- Innovation, design thinking, problem-solving, communication, relationship building, consulting, and teamwork skills
- Experience communicating with executive-level stakeholders
- Experience operating in a matrix and constantly changing environment
- Experience helping global organizations scale
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.