Software Development Engineer 2022 - Amazon Web Services - Herndon
Do you want to help lead the cloud revolution and build software that thrives at immense scale?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We need Developers who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world.
Do you have a passion for using advanced technologies like AI/ML, IoT, and blockchain to build innovative enterprise applications? Are you strong in coding for large-scale distributed systems? Ready to use AWS’s cutting-edge technologies to develop the next big idea for the cloud? If yes, then we want to talk with you. We design cloud-based solutions that disrupt the B2B application industry and enable enterprise clients to navigate current challenges and anticipate what’s coming next.
Join our team and see for yourself why AWS is best place to build amazing things – including your career.
You are customer obsessed and thrive in the world of deployment at scale. In this role, you will solve complex software problems, and make impactful trade-offs between short-term and long-term results. You’ll think in terms of architecture, not just code, and will help elevate our ability to deploy and operate high availability systems worldwide.
As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will architect, design, build and operate a new Web services at scale, interfacing with teams ranging from the front-end to the back-end, and delivering the plumbing in-between. Surrounded by world-class technical talent, and building on a pure AWS infrastructure, you will translate user requirements, drive an evolving architecture, help define our roadmap, and individually contribute code. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly passionate about AWS Technology and our product.
A successful candidate is comfortable in learning new technologies and domains and diving deep into the details to deliver on highly impactful projects. You understand customer obsession and live and breathe operational excellence. You know when to partner with other teams to deliver results.
NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States. This includes, but is not limited to: VA (Arlington, Herndon); MA (Boston); New York.
To qualify, applicants must be graduating between May 2021 and September 2022 or be on track to earn their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree prior to the role start date.
Possible start dates for this role are starting June 2022 and onwards.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
- Currently enrolled in or completed within the last 12 months a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
In addition to Computer Science and Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or majors relating to these fields are considered.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices. Full stack experience is a bonus.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with distributed systems and web services design and implementation.
- AWS product experience and development on the AWS platform.
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History