Software Development Engineer, Alexa Home Productivity (AHP) Growth Team - Sunnyvale
Join the entrepreneurial team that is responsible for growing and building new services that keeps Alexa customers organized and productive in their daily lives. In this role, you’ll be a member of the Alexa Home Productivity (AHP) Growth team. The Growth team relentlessly runs experiments and builds capabilities that enables Alexa customers to easily discover, engage and habitually use AHP features. As an SDE in the team, you will have an opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, have a strong will to get things done, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building great products and has a successful track record of delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. We're looking for people who have thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
- Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Previous technical internship(s)
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History