Solution Portfolio Manager - New York
The People Experience, Technology, and Services (PXTS) team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We develop technology-driven solutions to scale and automate common employee activities. We manage People knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Meta remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.
We are looking for a Solution Portfolio Manager to join the PXTS team to drive project and program execution, rollup reporting and communication, and roadmap prioritization planning within the portfolio. This person will help facilitate the collaboration across the teams and partners, including business and engineering orgs, leverage technology to improve efficiency, use data insights to optimize project objectives and resourcing. We are looking for someone with industry expertise who can thrive managing multiple technology projects in a very fast-paced environment.
Solution Portfolio Manager Responsibilities
- Manage multiple concurrent portfolios and/or programs with multiple work streams that require cross-functional stakeholders' engagements
- Partner with Solution Design and People Engineering team to drive execution of technology solutions that best serves the People@ goals
- Partner with Engineering teams to manage overall integrated technology portfolio views/roadmaps, health, and dashboards
- Establish success metrics for technology portfolio and ensure technology program performance is tracked and measured, clearly articulate project impact for prioritization, and prepare resources for on-time delivery
- Lead and manage large-scale projects through planning, development, launch, stabilization, and user adoption
- Keep track of technology portfolio progress by managing project scope and timeline, informing people of next steps and responsibilities, setting up meeting agenda, and circulating meeting notes
- Ensure project sponsors and stakeholders are regularly engaged for input/consultation as well as communicate any emerging risks and corresponding mitigation plans, and provide transparent and timely reporting to all stakeholders
- Manage periodic updates to process documentation such as point of contacts, process steps, workflows, and system access as well as proactively improve existing processes and fix pain points through automation, streamlining, and program delivery
- Help build and refine communication strategy to drive cross functional collaboration and innovation
- Advocate data-driven approach across the organization
- Take a broad perspective to problems, and examine them from different perspectives and weighs in pros/cons to finalize the go-forward approach
- Influence solutions design outcomes in cross-functional settings including within and across teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or IT-related majors
- 6+ years of project management experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across various levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of technical project management, SDLC methodology, and waterfall/agile project execution
- Communication skills, presentation skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the latest HR technology and infrastructure
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Agile Project Management certification
- Experience coordinating technical specs across platforms and disciplines
- Understanding of industry platforms in HR Tech space including Salesforce and Workday
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $153,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.