Mixed Methods Leader - New York
At Meta, we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 2 billion users, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – our people.
Our People Analytics team generates strategic, data-driven recommendations that help us better attract, develop, motivate, and retain top talent. We’re looking for a mixed methods leader with excellent research, communication, collaboration, and people management skills to lead a team that focuses on research and innovation of people practices. This role will serve as an active partner with HR and business leaders to help develop and refine people processes to make an exceptional workplace even better. They will also be responsible for drawing connections across a variety of areas (e.g., engagement, diversity, onboarding, and retention).
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of advocating for evidence-based practices within an organization and developing trusted relationships with cross-functional teams.
Mixed Methods Leader Responsibilities
- Grow, manage, and develop a team of researchers leading qualitative research that also leverages quantitative data
- Build relationships with teams, stakeholders, and partners in different parts of the organization
- Communicate with stakeholders and other internal teams to understand business problems and develop and deliver data-driven solutions
- Prioritize company-wide needs for mixed methods across various people programs
- Up-level the entire people analytics team’s skills on qualitative methods so that we can scale mixed methods work across the organization
- Serve in a consultative capacity for mixed methods work executed by other teams across people analytics
- Build constructive working relationships with UX teams in people products and ensures work is appropriately coordinated across organizational boundaries
- Help the organization drive innovative insights by using a variety of qualitative methods (e.g., interviews, focus groups, diary studies, text analysis, persona development, critical incidents, process research, etc.) coupled with quantitative data
- Prioritize short and long term needs in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- MS with 10+ years experience or a PhD and 8+ years experience in a field emphasizing applied people research in organizations (e.g., social psychology, organizational behavior, sociology, anthropology, or another relevant discipline)
- 8+ years experience in conducting research, including translating qualitative research findings and implications for technical and non-technical audiences, integrating quantitative data
- Proven collaboration with cross-functional partners to drive strategy and direction
- People management experience, including attracting, developing, and retaining researchers
- Expertise with qualitative methods and experience combining qualitative research with quantitative data
- Experience managing team members from different disciplines and in different locations
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $228,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.