Data Visualization Analyst - Fremont, CA
The People Data Solutions, Data Visualization Analyst strives to deliver user-friendly and accurate tools for reporting, data, and analytical insights to create people-related strategies and narratives across the business. This role is responsible for ensuring the efficiency of Meta's People Data Solutions Team by identifying areas for improvement and addressing said areas by building solutions that are flexible and can scale. The ideal candidate will have an advanced technical, analytical, and operational background.
Data Visualization Analyst Responsibilities
- Drive the development and implementation of data visualization solutions which inform, influence, support, and execute our HR business decisions for the People Analytics team and our stakeholders
- Build and maintain user friendly Tableau dashboards which empower operational and exploratory analysis for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Define, influence and implement core principles and best practices for the organization’s end to end design and development approach
- Leverage technical expertise and creative problem solving to build, enhance, and automate analytics and dashboarding capabilities for the team and various stakeholders
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects that require input and communication from diverse cross-functional stakeholders while balancing impact on business needs
- Develop and enforce best practices and alignment with our technical partners such as engineering, data analyst, consulting, and research functions
- Innovate and drive scalable changes to existing suite of core dashboards and solutions
- Collect business requirements, document project scope, outline technical summary, and develop mock-ups with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- BA/BS in a field that emphasizes data visualization and analysis (e.g., information science, computer science, social sciences, physical sciences, cognitive science, engineering, or statistics), or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Tableau
- 5+ years experience with SQL (or similar language aimed at querying relational databases)
- Experience managing, manipulating, and validating large data sets from multiple systems, tools, and reports using statistical software or other methods
- Experience handling sensitive data, and exercising judgment and discretion
- Experience with an agile project management approach that emphasizes communication, coordination, flexible reassessment of plans, and iterative phases of work
- Experience in interacting with non-technical stakeholders and their reactive needs to ambiguous and changing priorities even when all the information is not readily available
- Tableau certification
- Advanced degree with a focus on disciplines such as User Interface, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Accessibility (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of experience with R, Python, or a similar scripting language
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics, and other people analytics)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $153,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.