People Strategic Execution Manager - Workforce Planning Initiatives - San Francisco, CA
Meta’s human resources function, People@, seeks an experienced individual contributor to drive and lead project management, transformation, and orchestration for our global workforce/headcount planning initiatives.
This position operates as an individual contributor to support a global team that leads our most complex and cross-functional initiatives related to headcount and workforce planning. As an experienced project manager, the role must operate at the intersection of deep project management, coordination across a diverse set of global stakeholders, and support for leadership alignment and transformation change management.
Using deep skills and experiences in portfolio, program, and project management, the role runs the day-to-day coordination of headcount planning transformation initiatives. Additionally, building roadmaps, coordination cross-functional partners, and ensuring ongoing alignment for the portfolio will be critical. The position will interface with practitioners as well as leaders, using influence, subject matter expertise, and deep command of the portfolio/transformation agenda to build narratives, content, and continuously align teams and leaders. There’s also an expectation that this position will tether the strategic ambitions of our workforce/headcount and closely tethered to the design and execution of our overall People@ strategy.
The position requires skills and experience in issue-based problem solving, workforce planning process design and tooling, HR leading practices, and influence at all levels within HR and across the business. Additionally, someone in this role must operate effectively in ambiguous, dynamic situations and collaborate meaningfully with a wide range of stakeholders.
People Strategic Execution Manager - Workforce Planning Initiatives Responsibilities
- Partner with globally distributed and highly cross-functional teams to scope and drive project outcomes in a highly collaborative approach
- Understand, manage and have oversight on the number of projects and initiatives for the team, prioritize new requests, support initial scoping, and allocate resources based on a deep understanding of the People@ portfolio
- Support exploration and identification of risks and new opportunities as part of engaging with leaders across the People@ organization
- Understand and provide coaching on strategy to execution of complex projects, including how to build innovation pipelines, roadmap structures, work plan development, execution, and benefit realization of complex initiatives with multiple projects and work streams
- Support project team members who are responsible for execution of new and prioritized initiatives across the People@ organization
- Understand, develop and provide coaching on strategic narratives across the portfolio, and leverage data and storytelling to support decision-making and enable change across the organization
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders - advise and consult on active projects, including leveraging issue-based problem-solving techniques to rapidly identify problem-statements, structure key activities, and facilitate decision-making, where required
- Possess or develop subject matter fluency across all areas of HR and people practices to advise People@ leaders
- Lead planned or emergent cross-functional projects and programs by escalating risks, tracking decisions and actions, taking notes and sending follow-ups, empowering decision makers, identifying interdependencies, building project plans and managing stakeholders
- Lead or support change management activities associated with complex HR programs while also identifying when a dedicated change management expert may be required
- Maintain awareness of core company-wide and People@ initiatives to ensure information flows and insights help inform and shape People@ programs
- Communicate effectively and influence a broad set of stakeholders from People@ and across Facebook’s business
- 10+ years of experience in HR project or program management, strategy consulting, business transformation, and/or workforce/headcount planning project management
- Experiences and competency in workforce strategy and planning domain & program management
- Experience enabling agile teams and projects in complex, cross-functional environments
- Experience as an agile leader and collaborator in highly dynamic environments and high-growth businesses
- Expert use of issue-based problem solving, root cause analysis, and other similar techniques
- Executive presence and influencing skills demonstrated by an experience building robust and lasting relationships with senior human resources and business leaders
- Expert communicator and facilitator
- Experience designing and leading complex human resources initiatives
- Experience with change management design and execution in complex enterprise transformation programs
- Experience in high-growth companies
- Fluency in workforce planning process alignment, strategy, and project management techniques
- Project management, change management, or related certifications
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $221,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.