Software Quality Assurance Specialist - Plano, TX, USA
Every role at Samsung presents a new opportunity to make a lasting, global impact. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re seeking innovators to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners, and communities.
Join the Samsung family and be part of the team that’s creating a better future.
Role and Responsibilities
Samsung Electronics America is seeking a Detail-oriented Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to be in charge of all quality assurance activities. The individual will make/coordinate each project's schedule (entry & approval) and test plan as well as report to HQ or internal team the risk points such as blocking issues before launch or carrier entry date. The individual will also create IMS related Testcase, verify issues, and execute tests in order to ensure there are no unidentified problems
To be successful as a Quality Assurance Engineer in TG team, you should have very good knowledge of IMS core and need to be very detailed and thorough in order to understand the IMS requirement from a different network
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work as SME on specific IMS related features
- Professional engagement and understanding of industry standards and carrier requirements for IMS core functions/features for all US carriers
- Review new functions and features and correctly translate them into test designs and setups and proof test cases
- Designing and implementing test strategies, test plans, functional and performance test cases, policies, infrastructures
- Set up test plans and perform required tests within project submission milestone
- Detect issues, obtain relevant logs and report to R&D and validate once fixed
- Able to determine risk items based on issues found during the test
- Analyze and manage issues detected by QA engineers to professionally document issue reports
- Test new features to ensure that features and performances are correct and test results are accurate
- Coordinate with R&D engineers, network engineers, and carrier representatives to ensure all IMS related features are fully tested and functional based on the features supported
- Take the lead in test execution efforts with engineers in various locations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in CS, CE, and EE or equivalent level of work experience
- 4+ years of experience in the wireless industry preferably in Mobile QA
- Proven Experience in QA life cycle, test plans, test execution, and reporting
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of wireless technologies including GSM/CDMA/WCDMA/LTE/5G and Radio Interface and/or exposure to RF network engineering, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of 5G technology by understanding its network architecture for SA/NSA
- Expert in utilizing log capturing and processing Tools: QXDM/QCAT/Wireshark/WindCatcher/Actix/XCAP-M with good understanding of OTA signaling messages
- Expert in IMS SIP (Session Initiated Protocol), VoLTE & IR94 call processing
- Intermediate programming skills in Python required
- Java and Android development practices preferred
- Experience in push-to-talk solutions such as ePTT and MCPTT
- Experience with Spirent/Metrico Tools: NOMAD/MUSE/Datum
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, communication (verbal and written) skills, and organizational and documentation skills
- Able to test in mobility/driving condition
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.