Display Product Support Engineer - Florida, USA
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Come join our team in the exciting world of Samsung B2B Display technology. Cutting edge products like The Wall are included in Samsung Smart Signage dvLED and LCD display lineup. Be responsible for the overall quality management of Samsung’s B2B Display products. Ensure our products operate according to the highest quality standards and product service/repair procedures are highly effective. This role will assume full responsibility and management of all testing activities from cradle to grave. The incumbent will drive clear communication and establish strong relationships between cross-functional teams, domestically and internationally, communicating with production factories, contact centers and development (R&D) teams.
The main function of the Display Product Support Engineer is focused on the management of post launch field quality support, root cause testing and analysis, and firmware/software updates quality assurance testing. Other duties may be assigned.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze data, provide reporting for quality trend analysis for issue awareness and continuous improvement
- Perform Display quality testing and analysis of cutting edge LED and LCD display products
- Develop service bulletins and training documents related to new issues
- Field issue support and analysis including inspecting defective product and provide appropriate corrective actions and solutions
- Provide engineering support, root cause analysis and corrective actions for complex quality field issues
- Analyze Service quality and report reasons for repeat repair (REDO) and provide corrective actions
- Manage and perform firmware/software quality assurance testing on post-production displays
- Provide technical repair training and/or content for training support of installer/servicer network
- Create service repair documentations for Samsung Authorized Service Centers
New Product Introduction (NPI)
- NPI product testing and serviceability evaluations for continuous improvements in product quality, product usability and performance
- Early production quality evaluations including open box experience testing (OBE)
- May require travel overseas to meet with design, R&D, and factory locations for product evaluation, training and quality review
- Support early production field test activities and work with R&D on addressing top quality issues
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Commercial or Consumer Electronic product support or service support role. Display experience is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel: prepare tables/spreadsheets of information using macros, pivots, charts, graphs, determine and measure KPIs, plot performance trends, and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Proficient in the main MS Office suite of tools including MS Outlook, MS Word and MS PowerPoint and be comfortable with presenting and communicating clearly
- Knowledge of network infrastructure. Specifically, LAN, WAN, VLAN and Video over Network protocols.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company including Product Marketing and sales, and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
- The ability to read, write, follow detailed technical instructions and interpret engineering specifications, materials or related documents.
- Lift, move, or adjust general Display related test equipment, boxes/packages, supplies, materials or products weighing up to 80 pounds
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Normal For All.