People Analytics Research Manager - Global Talent Selection Team - Menlo Park, CA
Our team aims to ensure that Meta is finding and hiring the world's best talent. In this role, you will drive technical research analyses aimed at designing and implementing assessment solutions that are structured, scalable, candidate centric and bias-mitigating.
In partnership with key global stakeholders within People Analytics, across Recruiting, HR, and the business units, this role will manage research scientists to enable research driven decisions related to the design and evaluation of highly-effective selection processes using technology-enabled solutions. This role will be responsible for ensuring our assessment processes drive Meta’s Diversity and Inclusion efforts.
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and can effectively lead a research team, from both a technical and people leadership perspective. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills, and experience leading an analytics team.
People Analytics Research Manager - Global Talent Selection Team Responsibilities
- Lead a team of people research scientists and data analysts ensuring the team is productive, engaged, and thriving in their career
- Be a thought leader in assessment at Meta (both strategic approach and implementation)
- Through partnering with Recruiting, HR leadership, and business leaders, identify opportunities for research to drive strategic decisions and change management related to assessment
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify and clarify critical people issues
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop processes to support research planning and execution for a team of people research scientists in an efficient and scalable manner (e.g. roadmapping, code sharing, automation of repetitive tasks)
- Provide technical expertise to researchers to guide research design and statistical analyses within an assessment context
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Develop knowledge of recruiting processes and strategies at Facebook
- PhD, ABD or MS in Industrial/Organizational psychology
- 3+ years experience for PhD, and 5+ years experience for MS/ABD with quantitative research experience with people data
- Experience managing/supervising the work of others in a project or people management capacity
- Experience leading quantitative research projects in a selection/assessment context
- Experience applying statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, quasi-experimental research/causal inference techniques (e.g. propensity score matching, regression discontinuity), longitudinal analysis, or multilevel modeling
- Experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as SQL, R, or Python. Experience to troubleshoot others' analyses and code
- Experience communicating research findings to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Openness to feedback and proven self-awareness
- Coaching and people development skills
- 2+ years experience managing a team of researchers or quantitative focused analysts
- Experience leading quantitative research in assessment, and one or more of the following areas: choice/decision science, performance management, diversity, retention or program/training evaluation
- 2+ years experience with developing and deploying psychometric assessments (e.g. test design, construction), and assessment validation (e.g. content validation, construct validation, criterion-related validation)
- 2+ years experience working internally within a medium to large organization
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $192,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Meta is helping build a future where people have more ways to play and connect in the metaverse. Welcome to the next chapter of social connection.